Out of the eight finalists, five pieces for live performers will be selected; three pieces for fixed media (two-channel electroacoustic or electronic) will be selected.
Pieces for live performers may be scored for any of the following:
- Violin solo or violin-piano duo.
- Classical guitar solo.
- Piano solo or duo (one piano, four hands or two pianos).
- Soprano solo, soprano-piano duo, or soprano-guitar duo.
- Flute solo, flute-piano duo, or flute-guitar duo.
- Percussion solo (see below regarding specific available instruments), percussion-guitar duo, or percussion-piano duo.
Pieces should be between three and 10 minutes long.
Pieces for live performers may include an electroacoustic/electronic element if the setup for the performer is relatively simple.
Pieces/songs may be in any genre or style.